Blackout Notices

Blackout Notices

Saturday, September 22, 2018

The Horror

So I upset my Mother's cat this morning. I mean, Sugar, the cat, was really put out by my actions and inconsideration of her feelings and needs. My crime you ask? I dared to sit in my chair at my desk so I could work on my drawing. Oh yes, you read right, I dared to be an artist and it upset the cat greatly.

Now, let's start with the fact that Sugar has never liked it down here in the basement. The basement has only ever held her food, water, and litter box. That is up until last year when the food and water got moved upstairs. I just wish the litter box would go too, since the cat isn't mine. Not that I don't like her, but I have a small space and well, litter boxes smell no matter what. Anyways, recently she's started coming down here to sleep in my office chair at my desk.

My chair is black fabric and Sugar is a light colored cat. So as you can guess she was turning my black chair, white. She's not happy that I put an old towel down so I can keep the chair black and fur free for when I sit in it. But this morning I had to work fast at getting the pillows out of the chair and me into the chair. And then Sugar spent the next hour and a half pacing the basement and crying because I was at my desk.

Even with her temper tantrum I still managed to finish the line work for the drawing. I also pulled out the color pencils I'm going to use. Plus I went through a magazine and took out all the images that I found to use as references. Notably, Sugar hasn't been down here to sleep in my chair all day. Even though I have move into the TV area to work on the laptop.

I have pulled out a story and begun reading it so I can know where I was going with it. I want to finish the story. I've also added a new picture at my Artpal gallery. I'm becoming productive and that's a little scary. Although not as productive as I'd like to be. Baby steps, though are easier to achieve, than giant steps.

I know I have shopping to do tomorrow with my sister. New clothes are required as I have shrunk a lot since last fall and donated all my fall clothes from last year. So I still need at least two new shirts and a fall jacket. Maybe I will find the time to draw in the morning tomorrow. If not there is always Monday.

Sugar has decided to come downstairs now. I think my office has been claimed by her.

No comments:

Post a Comment