Blackout Notices

Blackout Notices

Monday, September 17, 2018

Welcome!

So here I am saying welcome to anyone who decides to come and read this. Here is my first post for this blog and really I don't know what to write. Honestly I don't know why I'm doing this to myself as I'm terribly bad at doing things like this. I have a tumblr account I hardly do anything with and well I have had other places to post blogs but I never keep up with them.

I do have a reason for this blog though. In June of this year, that's 2018, I started a gallery to sell prints of my artwork. So far I've sold one whole print. Now some people are saying "That's all?" While I'm thinking that's actually not too bad considering that it was sold within the first few weeks of opening and really some people go for six months or longer before their first sale. So I'm trying to think on the positive side of things.

In case you haven't guessed I'm an artist. I draw fantasy art, fairies, elves, dragons, you get the picture. And yes I sell prints of my artwork. I'll be working on getting the link up here soon. Also I've been know to do some writing. Though admittingly it's been sometime since I've done that, I'm thinking of getting back to it. I use to enjoy it so I don't see why I won't again.

As a little background on me, yes I have my BFA, that a Bachelor's of Fine Arts degree. So yes I'm a real artist. I'm just not famous. I wouldn't mind being one, but you know how that goes. I also enjoy writing. I write science fiction and some fantasy. Mostly science fiction, but alas I'm not published. Except for a little poem I wrote way back before the turn of the century and I can't even remember the book it's in. How sad is that? Poetry is not something I write much of anymore. It tends to take it's toll on me.

Now that's just my creative side. I'm also in the process of losing weight. So far I've lost 192 pound since January 2017. Is that not awesome? I'm very excited about this, and yes I'm seeing a dietitian and doctors regarding my weight loss so I'm doing things right. With the weight loss comes eating completely differently and exercising. Also the want to do more.

Now I'm sure you are all going, what kind of more? So glad you're thinking that. I wanted to sell my art and get out more and be a little more social. I'm recluse so that's a very big deal. There may even come a time when I think I could work a real job, as right now I'm on disability. Which is never what any one really wants. There are other things besides physical problems keeping me from working so there are a lot of things that have to fall into place before I think about going back to work.

In the meantime I want to sell my art online and get back to drawing and writing. They seem to have been moved to the back burners and I really don't like that. I don't see why I can't do what I love. So I just want to say welcome to my blog. Yes I am Great Goddess, it's my nickname, I'll be happy to tell the story at another time. Oh by the way I can at time write a lot and at other write hardly anything. I'm sure it's annoying. Any who that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment