Blackout Notices

Blackout Notices

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Early Morning

So it's an early morning for me. I was up at 3:30 this morning. Why you ask? Pain. Plain and simple. Personally I would have rather it have been my Evil Drawing Muse. At least then I could have gotten some artwork done. But no it was pain and while I did take something for it, thirty minutes later, the pain is still with me. So here I am working on my blog to make it look better because well why not? I want it to be nice. So I figured out how to add links to my art gallery, LRCampbell, and my Facebook page, as well as Twitter. I'm debating tumblr, I'm really not there much. I forgot about Instagram, guess I should update that.

So the question running in my head right now is why does everything keep getting my creative way? I love and prefer to draw in the mornings. The lighting is always perfect that time of day. I'm also the most inspired to draw, and it's just the time my Evil Drawing Muse strikes. Unfortunately other things keep getting in the way. Doctor appointments, grocery shopping, laundry, it all conspires against.

For the record, I don't have a car so my parents usually drive me. Therefore they prefer that doctor appointments be in the morning whenever possible. Also grocery shopping is done in the morning, which I rather like myself, less people to deal with. I live in the basement and the laundry is upstairs. I use to just leave the laundry and go downstairs between loads. That doesn't work so much anymore. However, I now use laundry time to do my baking for my bariatric treats, or sometimes cleaning of the kitchen. Or at times I use it to work on dinner menus.

In any case the morning tends to get away from me and messes up my drawing time. Now I know people wonder why I don't just draw when I wake up really early like today. Well for starters today I hurt, and also there's no sunlight streaming through my bay window.

I want to get back to writing. I'm thinking the afternoon would be a good time to do this, but first I need to read what I've got written so I know what's going on with my stories. It's been awhile since I've worked on them. I suppose some would say that's bad of me. But I've had a lot happen to me over the past year so I think it's a bit forgivable.

If I draw in the mornings and write in the afternoons. That will leave the evenings to play. It all sounds good and it's a wonderful plan. I just wonder if I can make that work. Life has a funny way of getting in there and messing up great laid out plans. Also the Internet is really good at drawing a person away from their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment